Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old

« Home | If you're wondering what the heck that picture is,... » | You see! This is what happens when you neglect som... » | I live in fear. » | It's offical: No one gets my jokes. » | An hourglass glued to the Internet » | Semi-desperate times call for semi-desperate measu... » | Pocket Dictionary: $5.00 » | More Marching Band. Plus: Crying Indians! » | Hello random person who plotted their home on my g... » | Just a warning » 

One time at band camp: Shaving cream, dirty floors, ultimate frisbee and complex inter-dimensional physics.

After a week of busting my rump at Marching Band camp I discovered three things:

1: While the theme music for Silverado is awesome to play, it doesn't make up for the fact that the title segment for the movie is just plain boring.

2: It is possible to travel between parallel universes.

3: When your legs hurt is not a good idea to play ultimate Frisbee.

------------------------

I learned number one during one of the most painful required funs I have ever experienced. On Friday night the band directors corralled us into the dining hall to tell the band how proud they are of us. I think one of them got something in his eye. Then they locked us in the main lodge to sit on the dirty floor and watch Silverado. The room and speakers seemed to be designed so the fewest possible number of people could hear what was going on. The reason for this confinement was so that we weren't free to roam after dark. Last year some kids, most of which have quit band, burned drill charts. Give teenagers an inch... Thankfully the directors forgot to guard the doors on the lower floor. I escaped by saying that I had to go the bathroom down there and just waking out.

------------------------

Something close to following conversation happened at the breakfast where I learned number two.

Cabinmate: Oh dude, why did you wash off the lotion in your hair already?
Moi: What?
Cabinmate: Didn't you wake up with lotion in your hair?
Moi: No.
Cabinmate: Shaving Cream on your face?
Moi: Nope
Cabinmate: What the hell...

Apparently some dudes from another cabin come into mine and pulled the prank on me. They had pictures even! The only logical explanation for the fact that I woke up with nothing on me is that they actually put the shaving cream on the me in a parallel universe. That poor dude is probably alienating all of his friends right now claiming that they pulled the prank... yet none of them did! Soon said version of me will be all alone friendless until one of his friends gets replaced with a parallel universe one. He doesn't know about the shaving cream incident so they will happily prance through the daisies together.

------------------------

During this week I felt these pains in my legs that wouldn't go away. I used up an entire bottle of ibuprofen. After the said Frisbee game I could hardly walk back to my cabin. But I did. I conquer all!

------------------------

Silverado at IMDB
Wikipedia on Parallel Universes

Categories:

Posted on 22 August, 2005 | E-mail this post

E-mail this post

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Send to:
Message:
Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Archive of longer articles>>
May 2005: Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3
June 2005: Week 4 - Week 5 - Week 6
July 2005: Week 7 - Week 8 - Week 9 - Week 10 - Week 11
August 2005: Week 12 - Week 14 - Week 15
September 2005: Week 16 - Week 17 - Week 18 - Week 19
October 2005: Week 20 - Week 21 - Week 22 - Week 23 - Week 24
November 2005: Week 25 Week 26

The Daily Dosage has an archive at <The Dosage Archive>.

Categories>>
(Week 10 and beyond)
BestOf StuffThatHappens Link PopCulture Politics Katrina More>>

Google
WWW noexes.blogspot.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. I power Blogger. Template base by Blogger Templates.