Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old

« Home | Not an exciting conclusion! » | Double Strip Day. » | The Guce is on FIRE » | Music/ makes the people/ say what the heck?!!? » | El continuación! » | It's worth noting that even this stip has said les... » | Gitmo » | Arrggg! Avast! » | (untitled) » | Weird wikipedianess. » 

No one commented to say what the heck! I feel so alone...

Anyway... here's the continuation of this list.

6. Jay-Z + DJ Danger Mouse/ Interlude - Remeber the gray album? Anyway, this track uses clips from the oddest song from The White Album (which says a lot), Revolution 9. Once again, Wikipedia can explain this better than I can. You know, when I first heard of people doing weird things to I Beatles album I thought is was sacrilegious. Now I see that that's really in the spirit of the album.

7. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah/ Over and Over Again (Lost & Found) - I stumbled across this band from the site of some weird indie dude who is crazy about them. Me, less, but I like it enough to keep it on my playlist. I find the vocals to be a bit too messy, but some people like that.

8. Lushlife - Kane West vs. Beach Boys/ Get Em High - Anouther mashup in the vein of the Gray Album? Oh yea! I like this one better than ol gray though. This remix, called West Sounds, is much simpler than Danger Mouse's almost overbearing mix, letting you actually hear what Kane is saying. This song especially shows the zen like minimalism of the album, the only major background being an awesome hornline that turns what was once a fist beating chorus into something tuneful. About smoking dope, but still.

9. Beatallica/ We Can Hit The Lightz - Yep, a metal version of We Can Work It Out that is about beating people up. This song is better for a laugh than a listen, but hay, it's awesome enough.

10. Junior Senior/ Take My Time - Having a song from Junior Senior on my playlist is very masculine, thank you very much!

Bouns Track:
Ok, so this song didn't show up on random but it's worth mentioning.

Bill Cosby/ Dope Pusher - Starts out kinda stupid with Bill preaching to kids some stuff about drugs that, from what I've heard about drug sellers, isn't true ("A dope pusher can sell you any kind of drug you want!"). It gets awesome, though, when the funk beat starts and things just get awesomer from there. (thanks Waxy.org)

You know, in retrospect this list contains a lot more drugs, rap and violence than I expected even though most of it was faked. I think this post needs some good vibes to balance out the bad.



Breathe in, breathe out.

------------------------------------------------

Picture from mdu2boy and flickr

Categories:

Posted on 25 September, 2005 | E-mail this post

E-mail this post

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Send to:
Message:
Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Archive of longer articles>>
May 2005: Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3
June 2005: Week 4 - Week 5 - Week 6
July 2005: Week 7 - Week 8 - Week 9 - Week 10 - Week 11
August 2005: Week 12 - Week 14 - Week 15
September 2005: Week 16 - Week 17 - Week 18 - Week 19
October 2005: Week 20 - Week 21 - Week 22 - Week 23 - Week 24
November 2005: Week 25 Week 26

The Daily Dosage has an archive at <The Dosage Archive>.

Categories>>
(Week 10 and beyond)
BestOf StuffThatHappens Link PopCulture Politics Katrina More>>

Google
WWW noexes.blogspot.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. I power Blogger. Template base by Blogger Templates.