Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old

« Home | Minblog back » | Mini blog is acting weird » | Where's my money? » | Philosophy of Modern Pop Songs Four: So what if it... » | I apologize (wink wink) for not updating I.A.I. » | I.A.I. Links: You really should look at this stuff... » | Questions no one has asked but I will answer anywa... » | Why marching band sucked. » | I.A.I. micro? » | Since when has amber been a color? » 

Baby Got Back covered in hilarious way: Yes, I'm doing more rap stuff.

Wough, wait what was that? If you weren't here on Saturday you'll never know!

Anyway...

For all you people who liked that folk Straight Outta Compton from a couple weeks back will probably like this version of Baby Got Back. Just a hunch.

Boing Boing: Nerd folksinger covers Baby Got Back

Most of this songs awesomeness comes from it's creepiness, most of which is transferred over from the original lyrics. It's not really mean, just really dirty. Reallllllly dirty.

------------------------------------------------

From the singer's, Jonathan Coulton's, site:

This week is a cover of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot (note: he is not an actual knight). Had to activate the whole team for this one - guitar, mandolin, banjo and even some shakers and tambourines and other things lying around the house. I'’ve wanted to cover this song for a long time, because it is excellent - there'’s a wonderful message in there for those of you who have big butts. In the proud tradition of many white Americans who came before me I hereby steal and white-ify this thick and juicy piece of black culture. Watch for my album "Jonathan Coulton Sings Songs by Black People."


Categories:

Posted on 30 October, 2005 | E-mail this post

E-mail this post

Your Name:
Your E-mail:
Send to:
Message:
Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

Archive of longer articles>>
May 2005: Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3
June 2005: Week 4 - Week 5 - Week 6
July 2005: Week 7 - Week 8 - Week 9 - Week 10 - Week 11
August 2005: Week 12 - Week 14 - Week 15
September 2005: Week 16 - Week 17 - Week 18 - Week 19
October 2005: Week 20 - Week 21 - Week 22 - Week 23 - Week 24
November 2005: Week 25 Week 26

The Daily Dosage has an archive at <The Dosage Archive>.

Categories>>
(Week 10 and beyond)
BestOf StuffThatHappens Link PopCulture Politics Katrina More>>

Google
WWW noexes.blogspot.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. I power Blogger. Template base by Blogger Templates.